“Accordion music generates warm memories at family events. It conveys tradition,
heritage and adds a special touch to a wedding ceremony or reception.”—Henry Doktorski
We asked Henry to play at my wedding ceremony and I'm so glad that we did as every aspect of his performance was spot-on. We chose a wide array of pieces for the ceremony, including compositions by Debussy, Brahms, and Satie, and not only did Henry play them all with beautiful emotion and phrasing, but his intuitive sense of timing for starting and stopping each one made for perfectly smooth transitions between "moments" in the ceremony. Thanks so much, Henry!
Ariel Forbes, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Our daughter's wedding ceremony was enormously enhanced by Henry Doktorski's exuberant personality and outstanding musicianship. His thoughtful program included music by Satie and Faure and was performed with great expression. We were fortunate to have a musician of his stature as part of our celebration.
Dr. and Mrs. Michael L. Nieland, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Henry was amazing during our July 13th wedding. We hired Henry to play during cocktail hour and stroll the grounds of our venue. The guests loved him! The polka music was upbeat and was something unique that a lot of people have not experienced before. Henry was very organized and got back to us quickly after our initial email. He was on time and professional for the big day and we were so pleased with his services.
Kelly and Jeffrey Schmidt, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Create an especially memorable ambiance at your wedding ceremony or reception with the refined artistry of Henry Doktorski and his accordion.
Henry Doktorski has played the accordion professionally for 45 years and specializes in classical music and tunes from the Polish, Irish, German, Italian, French, Russian, Greek, Serbian, Jewish and Latin traditions. Enliven your reception with live polkas, waltzes, tangos, marches, mazurkas and charming ethnic tunes, plus a generous selection of popular American movie hits and love songs from The Godfather, Fiddler on the Roof, Titanic and others.
• “Real musical depth.”—The Washington Post
• “Nothing short of unbelievable.”—Montreal Hour
• “No accordion jokes, please.”—Pittsburgh Magazine
• “The humble accordion will never be the same.”—Philadelphia Standard and Times”
• “Doktorski will make a believer out of all who are fortunate enough to listen.”—Pittsburgh Catholic
Mr. Doktorski has presented solo accordion recitals at venues in New York City, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Duluth, San Francisco, San Diego, Orlando, Birmingham, etc., and has appeared on radio and television on WQED-FM and other broadcast media. He has played with the following orchestras:
Mr. Doktorski earned his Master of Music degree at Duquesne University and serves as Instructor of Accordion on the faculty of The City Music Center at Duquesne University. He is the founder of The Classical Free-Reed, Inc., a nonprofit educational organization devoted to the accordion and classical music. He has recorded with the Pittsburgh Symphony and Cleveland Chamber Symphony (you can hear him on the Sony Classical hit CD Cinema Serenade with violinist Itzhak Perlman) and was the featured accordion soloist on six other compact discs.
• Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (45 times)
• Detroit Symphony Orchestra
• Erie Philharmonic
• Cleveland Chamber Symphony
• Glimmerglass Opera Orchestra (Cooperstown New York)
• Tanglewood Festival Orchestra (Lenox, Massachesetts)
• New Philharmonic Orchestra (Glen Ellyn, Illinois)
• Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival Orchestra (Fairbanks, Alaska)
• Northwest Indiana Symphony (Merrillville, Indiana)
• Loudoun County Symphony (Leesburg, Virginia)
• Wartburg Community Symphony (Waverly, Iowa)
• Ames High School Symphony Orchestra (Ames, Iowa)
• Butler County Symphony (Butler, Pennslyvania)
• River City Brass Band (Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania)
• McKeesport Symphony (McKeesport, Pennslyvania)
• Carnegie Mellon Philharmonic
• Duquesne University Contemporary Ensemble
• Pittsburgh Opera Theater Orchestra
• Civic Light Opera Orchestra (Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania)
• Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble
• Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre Ensemble
Henry Doktorski is also proficient on the piano and pipe organ and currently serves as Music Director at Grace Lutheran Church in Rochester, Pennsylvania.
Listen to Henry Doktorski play his accordion:Music for the Wedding Ceremony
To contact Henry Doktorski, write to
Pennsylvania Polka 1:40
Irish: Danny Boy 1:52
French: Under Paris Skies 2:06
Love Theme from The Godfather 1:19
German: In Munich Stands a Hofbräuhaus 2:16
Jewish: Sunrise Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof 2:12
Austrian: The Blue Danube 1:44
Polish: Clarinet Polka 1:43
Serbian: Anniversary Waltz 1:28
Greek: Never on Sunday 1:44
Theme from Titanic 1:56
Tango: El Choclo 1:20
Italian: Tra Veglia e Sonno 1:41
Beer Barrel Polka 1:55
You are visitor number since January 11, 2013
|Back to The Homepage of Henry Doktorski|